Buying and selling a home can be one of the most important decisions in a person’s life. At Guttormsen, Hartley, Wilk & Higgins we can walk you through the process of buying or selling your home from start to finish. Here are just some of the many services we can provide you with.
For the Buyer:
- Draft and review the Offer to Purchase, negotiate Counteroffers and amendments to the offer to purchase;
- Review and advise the buyer about a buyer agency agreement (if the Buyer has one);
- Evaluate financing options and buyer contingency matters;
- Review the commitment for title insurance and make sure title is clean;
- Help decide how title to the property should be held;
- Attend the closing and review any and all closing documents with the Buyer; make sure everything is in order;
- Answer questions and resolve any problems throughout the course of the transaction.
For the Seller:
- Draft or review the listing agreement with the Seller’s real estate agent (if the Seller has one);
- Review buyer’s Offer to Purchase; draft or review the Seller’s Counteroffers and Amendments;
- Assist the Seller in completing the Real Estate Condition Report;
- Monitor contingency timelines and help satisfy contingencies to the Offer;
- Order the title commitment and draft the deed and all other legal documents required to close the transaction;
- Attend the closing and review any and all closing documents with the Seller; make sure everything is in order.
- Answer questions and resolve problems throughout the course of the transaction.
In addition to assisting Buyer’s and Seller’s in residential transactions, Guttormsen, Hartley, Wilk & Higgins is also experienced in commercial real estate, real estate development, land contracts and vacant land transactions. Whether you are buying or selling a commercial piece of property or vacant land or simply looking to do development; each transaction will bring its own unique set of circumstances that the attorneys of Guttormsen, Hartley, Wilk & Higgins can assist you with to help ensure you are legally protected. Contact Neil Guttormsen or Erik Guttormsen with any questions.