Thomas B. Hartley is a senior partner and trial lawyer who focuses his practice on Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Social Security, General Civil Litigation and Family Law issues.
Tom graduated in 1969 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Lawrence University. He subsequently received his Law Degree from the University of Wisconsin in 1973. He is a veteran of the United States Marine Corp. Mr. Hartley joined the firm after graduating from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
In addition to the practice areas mentioned above, Tom has over 25 years of experience in the area of Condemnation/Eminent Domain. He has represented both condemnation authorities and property owners. Some of the condemnation authorities have included the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Wisconsin Department of Aviation, We Energies, the City of Racine, the City of Beloit and the City of Glendale. Tom recently served as a member of the committee that rewrote Wisconsin’s Jury Instructions in the field of eminent domain.
Tom has been actively involved in many community activities over the years. He is currently a member of the Kenosha Housing Authority and President of Kenosha Days of Discovery, which promotes youth sailing and sponsors a summer Tall Ship Festival in the Kenosha Harbor. He is an avid sailor, cruising Lake Michigan and competing in sailboat races both across Lake Michigan in the Queen’s Cup and the length of Lake Michigan in the Hook Race.
- Kenosha County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin: www.wisbar.org
- American Bar Association: www.abanet.org
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers: www.watl.org
- Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin: www.ctcw.org
- American Board of Trial Advocacy: www.abota.org
COMMITTEE AND NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Kenosha Yacht Club: www.kenoshayachtclub.com
- City of Kenosha Housing Authority: www.kenosha.org/departments/housing
- Kenosha Days of Discovery
- United Way: www.kenoshaunitedway.org
- Club Breakaway
- Kenosha Family Services