Over the years GUTTORMSEN & HARTLEY, LLP has been involved in the organization and operation of many not-for-profit community and charitable groups in Kenosha and southeastern Wisconsin. Not-for-profit organizations have the same challenges for-profit businesses have, plus a myriad of additional concerns with respect to maintaining tax exempt status and operations.
See Guttormsen & Hartley for services involving
- Creation of a not-for-profit organization
- Continued operation of the organization, annual meetings of directors and members
- Wisconsin property tax exemptions
- Section 501(C)(3) status (tax-exempt status under federal law)
- Tax exempt status of donations
- Conflict of interest issues for officers and directors
These are only a few of the issues that not-for-profit organizations can face. Contact Neil Guttormsen or Erik Guttormsen with your questions and concerns.